As your Assemblymember who’s homegrown, I’m proud to be serving you in the State Legislature and to have secured millions of dollars for the communities I’ve serve.
In the State Assembly – we have delivered historic investments for our district, including over $100M for affordable housing projects and over $44M to improve and create new parks. Strong legislative leadership is needed, especially now during this COVID-19 crisis as I continue devoting myself to fighting for access to health care, good paying jobs, quality schools, affordable housing, safe neighborhoods, and a better future for residents.
As a former elected mayor, I’ve utilized my strong fiscal background to help balance the state budget and save taxpayers billions of dollars.
Dozens of my bills and funding priorities have been signed into law:
- securing over $200M to advance the restoration of the Salton Sea and clean-up of the New River;
- expanding workforce training, small business loan programs, and job creation;
- making college more affordable and accessible;
- supporting local agriculture;
- enhancing veteran resources;
- improving air and water quality; and
- positioning our communities to receive their fair share of state funding for housing, the environment, education, infrastructure, and health care.
With your support, I will continue fighting in Sacramento to address the issues that matter most to all of us and to ensure our local leaders receive the resources needed to recover from this pandemic.
Please join teachers, nurses, police and firefighters, business and labor, and the Democratic Party in supporting my re-election.